European Risk Summit “Living in an uncertain world - Risk Communication: Principles-strategies-tools”
2nd European Risk Summit
“Living in an uncertain world - Risk Communication: Principles-strategies-tools”
11-12 June 2014, Athens Hilton Hotel
The Greek Presidency of the Council of the E.U. together with the Ministry of Health and the King’s Centre for Risk Management, King’s College London are organizing in Athens, a two-day workshop on the 11th and 12th June 2014, at Hilton Athens Hotel, on risk communication.
The main objectives of the 2nd European Risk Summit are:
- To discuss some of the underlying issues and concepts of risk communication;
- Formulate evidence-based risk communication policies in the health, food, environment, and pharmaceutical sectors;
- To help build European risk communication strategies and learn how to best take into account cultural differences;
- To ensure understanding of the importance of science-based transparency;
- To develop an informal network of policy makers, regulators, academics and other stakeholders who share an interest in this area.
The conference will be attended by European regulators, governing bodies, agencies, companies and leading academics associated with the food, healthcare, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals sectors. Also, several internationally recognised speakers will meet and exchange information and opinions with Greek experts and together they will address the Greek audience. See the preliminary Agenda here
Join the conference if you are involved in policy planning, operation planning, and business continuity planning; if you are employed in Communications Directorates or as a risk manager in your organisation; even if you are responsible to inform the public as spokesperson.
For registration or more information, please visit the conference website: risksummit.gr